Are you looking to maximize your space and expand your storage capabilities in your enclosed cargo or utility trailer to keep your valuable tools handy and secure? We hear you! It sounds like you may need some enclosed trailer shelving ideas, perfect for improving your productivity.
You can go from a simple cargo trailer to a mobile and complete a functional workstation by adding shelving to your trailer. If you think about it, a trailer can be compared to a blank canvas since they are, in nature, bare. This is great because it means you can create and customize your storage system to your preferences and needs.
But with so many options, it can be a bit overwhelming knowing where to start. So we are here to help and point you in the right direction by giving you some of the best-enclosed trailer shelving ideas so that you can turn the mobile workstation of your dreams as neat, safe, and accessible as possible.
Enclosed Trailer Shelving Ideas FAQ’s
What is enclosed trailer shelving?
Enclosed cargo or utility trailers shelving is just that and offers many advantages. First and foremost, they add space and expand your storage capabilities. Also, they protect your tools and equipment from the elements. They also improve security and keep your expensive inventory safe. Finally, they offer great flexibility and opportunities for customization.
What things should you keep in mind for trailer shelving?
Some key things to consider are the shelving materials, usually metal or wood, whether the shelving is open or enclosed, the shelving configuration, and the shelving accessories.
It would help if you also thought about the primary purpose of your cargo trailer. Are you mainly concerned with storage? Do you plan to work on the trailer? What industry-specific needs do you have?
What are some of the benefits of enclosed trailer shelving?
- A better organization leads to improved efficiency and productivity.
- Having everything in its place will make it easier to keep track of your inventory and maintain more accurate records.
- An orderly and professional workspace helps make a good impression on your clients and improves their trust in your business.
- Having a place for everything will make your workspace cleaner and give you more open room to work with.
What is the difference between open and enclosed trailer shelving?
Both open and enclosed trailer shelving can be great options depending on your needs, preferences, and budget.
Open shelving is more economical, more easily accessible, and more lightweight than enclosed shelving. For the tools and materials you use repeatedly, open shelving might be the best storage solution.
On the other hand, enclosed shelving offers better protection for your tools and equipment and is considered more secure. Closed shelving also provides a more clean and organized look and can help reduce visual clutter.
What materials are enclosed trailer shelving found?
- Wood. Wood is usually a more economical option; metal shelving is much more durable and longer-lasting than wood.
- Metal. Metal shelving is often more lightweight than wood. Additionally, if you transport any liquid products, metal shelving is more spill-resistant and easy to clean. Last but not least, metal van shelving is considered more likely to remain intact, protect your tools, and keep you safe in the event of a collision.
When it comes to metal shelving, there are three primary options to choose from: steel, aluminum, or composites.
- Steel is popular because it is more cost-effective upfront and highly durable.
- Aluminum shelving is gaining popularity because it is more lightweight than steel, which can potentially improve the fuel efficiency of your vehicle.
- Composites shelving is often chosen for its noise-reduction capabilities.
What is a V-nose trailer shelving?
These are a popular choice because they provide more space compared to a flat trailer. This extra space can be easily transformed into a workstation and/or modular storage area by adding v-shaped cabinets. A combination of base cabinets, countertops, and wall cabinets, or open shelving works great in these types of trailers.
What makes a good trailer shelving idea?
A trailer shelving can be complemented by the following accessories:
- Toolboxes for securely storing tools and equipment.
- Reel holders for cable and wire storage.
- Shelf dividers and doors.
- Drawers or shelf bins for smaller tools.
- Cases for maximum organization.
- Hooks to add on to the sides of your shelving.
- Interior LED lighting to improve visibility.
- Utility hooks for storing a wide variety of items
Enclosed Trailer Shelving Ideas
A great way to organize your trailer and stay clean at the same time. Perfect storage accessory for your trailer, garage, shop, etc.
Help keep your cleaning supplies organized and your area clean. It contains a holder for paper towel rolls and a tray for cleaners and gloves.
The second model a much smaller version Features:
- Keep your cleaning supplies ready and organized
- Securely holds one paper towel roll underneath, with a handy open-top tray to store soaps, cleaners, and more
- Attractive and lightweight aluminum construction adds a handsome addition to any shop, garage, or enclosed trailer
- Includes pre-drilled mounting screw holes for ease of installation
- Due to the variety of surfaces to which the station may be mounted, mounting hardware is not included
The most versatile unit is available. Holds up to 9 aerosol cans on the top shelf, 10 quarts of oil on the middle frame, and various gallon jugs on the bottom shelf.
Block garage wall, Drywall, wood, or steel trailer studs. Holes are not predrilled on this item.
- Large capacity
- Proudly engineered and manufactured in the USA!
- Considered one of the most versatile unit available.
- Holds up to 9 aerosol cans on the top shelf, 10 quarts of oil on the middle shelf, and a variety of gallon jugs on the bottom shelf
- Dimensions L x W x H Inches =25 x 9 x 38 inches
- Can be mounted on block garage wall, drywall, wood or steel trailer studs. Predrilled holes for mounting and all hardware included
- Ships fully assembled and ready to mount.
- 5 Year manufacturer warranty
E Track Kits make it easy to get started with E-Track or to pick up coordinated essentials. This kit includes components well-suited for creating cost-effective shoring beams in your enclosed utility trailer.
E Track Rails are made of durable galvanized 12-gauge steel. You can create an inexpensive and robust shoring beam using an ordinary piece of 2 x 4 lumber along with the included wood end sockets.
The included wood end sockets easily snap in and out of the E Track Rails, allowing you to customize and re-adjust your setup as needed.
- The E Track Kits make it easy to get started with E-Track or to pick up coordinated essentials. This kit includes components well-suited for creating cost effective shoring beams in your enclosed utility trailer.
- The E Track Rails are strong and made of durable galvanized 12-gauge steel. You can create an inexpensive and strong shoring beam using an ordinary piece of 2 x 4 lumber along with the included wood end sockets. Lumber Not Included.
- It’s easy to use, the included wood end sockets easily snap in and out of the E Track Rails allowing you to customize and re-adjust your setup as needed.
- It comes with (4) 5′ Horizontal E-Track Rails, (8) Wood End Sockets for E-Track.
- Hardware (screws/bolts) to fasten the E Track are not included. NOTE: Hardware (screws/bolts) to fasten the E Track is not included.
- Enclosed Utility Trailer Shelving Kit | E Track Rails Made of 12-gauge Galvanized Steel | Wood End Socket Product Weight: 0.9-pounds each | Quantity: 1 Trailer E Track Kit
Protect your items and use garage ceiling space to store seasonal and unused items. Top-quality screw selected and all hardwires have gone through strict tests. Heavy-duty cold-rolled steel construction provides safely loading up to 600 lbs.
Its integrated grid design offers more stability and sturdiness compared to others with different frames and wires.
The FLEXIMOUNTS 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack Adjustable Ceiling Garage Rack Features:
- Avoid Water Damage by Storing Your Items off the Garage Floor. Protect your items and use garage ceiling space to store seasonal and unused items.
- 22” to 40” ceiling dropdown provides up to 105 cu. Ft. of storage. Dimensions: 96 in. L x 48 in. W x 22-40 in. H.
- Buy overhead racks with long ceiling brackets designed to be attached to 2 studs. Combined with 6 vertical posts, it is the optimal structure choice to ensure safety.
- Top quality screw selected and all hardwares have gone through strict tests.
- Heavy duty cold-rolled steel construction provides safely loading up to 600 lbs.
- Integrated Grid Design.
- More stable and sturdy compared to others with separate frame and wire.
- DIY installation with step-by-step instruction. Installation template helps make plan.
- This overhead storage rack fits all ceiling joist spacing ≤ 24″, if joist spacing > 24″, only fits the ceiling spacing of 48″.
- Please Nor: Can NOT be mounted to metal wall. Suitable for wood studs/joists and concrete wall and the accessory hooks and items pictured on the racks are not included.
Store 18 aerosol cans, 10 quarts of oil, and more, keeping your gear organized and out of the way.
Store your essentials and rely on Pit Posse’s durable anti-rust aluminum storage cabinet unit.
The unit has a spring-loaded paper towel tensioner for your convenience. Store your gear neatly with Pit Posse’s storage cabinet made from aluminum.
This sweet single unit Features:
- Pit Posse’s work station storage cabinet will give you extra storage space for 18 aerosol cans, 10 quarts of oil, and more, keeping your gear organized and out of the way.
- Handy to have for organizing your workspace, shop, trailer or garage.
- Pit Posse’s reliable and durable storage cabinet will be an ideal fit for your garage, truck, trailer, and workspace. The unit has a spring-loaded paper towel tensioner as well.
- Have everything you need within reach in one trailer storage cabinet.
- The storage cabinet comes complete, no assembly needed.
- Quick to install.
- Mounts to wall 25″ long, 6″ wide, 30″ high. This unit has a flip out work tray 14″ x 24″ with a locking pin to keep the tray in an upright position while not in use.
- Mount the storage cabinet on block garage wall, drywall, wood or steel trailer studs. A
- ll needed mounting hardware is included
Enclosed Trailer Shelving Ideas Tips
- Maximize the shelving in your trailer by adding on unsuitable accessories. A door kit will transform an ordinary shelf into a lockable cabinet.
- Hook bars can be attached to end panels to increase storage capabilities even further.
- Cargo trailers are an extremely versatile and practical way to transport the tools of your trade. Hook the trailer up to your hitch, and you can take your work with you, no matter where you go.
- Cargo trailers are spacious, which is excellent when you have a lot of equipment to carry, but not so great if you don’t have a way to keep them organized.
How to Choose the Best Enclosed Trailer Shelving
Choosing the best enclosed trailer shelving can be a daunting task. With so many different types and brands available, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best shelving for your needs.
First, consider the size of your trailer. Make sure to select shelves that will fit comfortably inside without taking up too much space.
Next, think about what type of items you will be storing on the shelves. If you plan on storing heavy or bulky items, make sure to choose a sturdy shelving option that can support the weight.
Finally, take into account your budget. Enclosed trailer shelving can range in price, so it’s important to find an option that fits your needs and budget.
Enclosed Trailer Shelving is not only a great way to save space in your trailer but also a great way to organize your belongings. When it comes to enclosed trailer shelving there are many different styles, colors, and materials to choose from. You want to make sure you get the right kind of shelving that will suit your needs the best. Here are a few Enclosed Trailer Shelving Ideas to help get you started.
- If you are looking for a more permanent solution, then look into getting metal shelves. Metal Enclosed Trailer Shelving is a great way to increase the storage space in your trailer while still being able to see everything that is stored on the shelves.
- If you need Enclosed Trailer Shelving that is more temporary, then look into getting plastic shelves.
- If you are looking for Enclosed Trailer Shelving that is both permanent and temporary, then look into getting a combination of both metal and plastic shelves.
This will allow you to have the best of both worlds and increase the storage space in your trailer while still being able to see everything that is stored on the shelves.
Be sure to measure the inside of your trailer before purchasing any Enclosed Trailer Shelving so that you know what will fit and what won’t. With a little bit of research, you can easily find the perfect Enclosed Trailer Shelving for your trailer.